Thursday, August 29, 2019

Taking Breaks and Starting College

A little over a year ago, I decided I was going to use this blog to post my creative writing assignments and other articles. Then, life happened.

Life has a way of catching up to you. By the end of my junior year of high school, I was burnt out. This blog disappeared from my mind completely and I prepared for senior year. When senior year began, I found myself even busier than before...taking six AP courses, acting in both the school play and school musical, working 15 hours a week at my local Target, applying to college, sitting on my regional school committee, coordinating my school's speech and debate team as captain...needless to say, I was overwhelmed.

Of course, everything has a way of working out. I graduated at the top of my class and decided to attend Emerson College in Boston, MA. I continued working at Target through the summer and went to the beach as much as possible. I did what every adult told me to do––make the most of your summer before college.

If anything, this blog became something to reminisce about, a little project I began in high school, a place where I shouted my thoughts into the internet's void in the hopes that someone would find them and choose to listen. Even as I write this, there's a good chance no one will see it. This blog may be consigned to oblivion, a place for personal reflection that remains just that––personal.

BUT, if anyone is listening, I'm going to reorganize. I'm beginning college as a Visual and Media Arts major, looking to concentrate in screenwriting. I'm excited to explore Boston, a city I've lived near for most of my life but never truly explored. I'm embracing this next chapter of my life, holding onto the hope that if I shout these thoughts into the void, that someone will stumble upon them and choose to listen.

(If someone does happen to be here and you're listening, don't be afraid to reach out. I would love to connect with other writers and students, continue to share my experiences, and share my writing.)


No comments:

Post a Comment