Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Disney Springs and the Cupcake ATM

As we continue our week of Disney, I'll be talking about the newly renovated Disney Springs and (more importantly), the cupcake ATM there. Yes, I said cupcake ATM.



I should start by saying that this was my third trip in a year, so I got a sneak peak of Disney Springs beforehand. However, each time there was a portion blocked off. When we got off the bus, we were plopped into that previously restricted area.

In a nutshell, the area reminded me of a shopping outlet. Many high end stores like Kate Spade and Origins were in the area. New restaurants were open too. It was a lot to take in at once.


As we walked to the old side of the Springs (think World of Disney and the Co-Op), we noticed small details like a water crank (spinny thing? tube?), where guests could spin a wheel to carry water up from the water. The bridge overlooked perfectly blue water, and the newly signature water tank emblazoned with "Disney Springs" sat overlooking the area.

The non-restricted but still relatively new side has many restaurants and new shopping areas as well, including a sushi restaurant, Irish pub, and small kiosks.

We also saw that restaurants such as Planet Hollywood and Fulton's Crab House were in the process of being renovated. For those interested, Planet Hollywood is being given a new entranceway and losing the stars as well as other updates, and Fulton's Crab House is being given a complete modern redesign and a new name, Paddlefish.

After eating, shopping, and walking around, we made a final stop before going back to the hotel -- the cupcake ATM.

Now, no one really cared (except for me) to stop and do this. They were grumpy and thought it was pointless, even calling it a "teen girl thing". But I insisted (this was the one thing I wanted to do), so we did it.

The ATM has a jingle that plays, but we meant business, tapping the screen before the jingle even had a chance to begin. There's a pretty good selection of cupcake flavors. We decided on red velvet, dark chocolate, and black & white.

After completing the purchase, the screen showed the cupcakes being put into the ATM opening. This was where my dad began understanding that, yes, it's like an actual ATM. The automatic door opened, revealing three small boxes, which my nieces helped to grab.


By the time we returned to my brother and his wife, my dad was telling them how it really was an ATM. They all had thought someone behind the counter put the cupcakes through the hole or it was just an order window.

That night, I ate my cupcake (red velvet), and it was amazing. The cake was moist, the frosting sweet. I must confess, I wiped a bit of frosting off, but it was delicious nonetheless. Even my nieces, who don't like cupcakes or cake in general, tried bites and thought it was really good.

If you find yourself in Disney Springs looking for a sweet snack, the cupcake ATM is definitely an experience worth trying 😋.

No comments:

Post a Comment