Sunday, August 14, 2016

Jedi Training at Walt Disney World

I just got back from Disney yesterday, so you could say I haven't exactly lost the Disney spirit. So....for the next week my posts will all be Disney related. #sorrynotsorry



While I was in Disney, my nieces did the Jedi Training Academy at Hollywood Studios. It's something my parents always wanted me to do (even tried bribing me), but, much to their dismay, I was the princess type. My nieces, on the other hand, LOVE Star Wars. Since Penny is 9 and Phoebe is 7, they were both eligible to participate (the age limit is 12).

Penny & Phoebe on stage
We woke up bright and early so that we could get right in at opening. My family stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge (more on that another time), so it was a 15-20 minute bus ride to the park. While on the bus, a family next to us informed us that when they signed their kids up, they got to the park at 8:00am. It was already 8:30, so the pressure was on. My brother handed his bag to my mom so they could get through faster, and prepared to run with the girls to the sign up spot, located between Indiana Jones and the Prime Time Cafe.

I didn't see them again until about 9:15. According to my brother, a long line was waiting for them. When they made it to the front, the cast members asked about fast passes and reservations to find the best time for them, and the girls were put in the 11:30 show. Success!

At around 10:40, the designated time to arrive to prepare for the show, we brought the girls to the spot where they signed up. They were brought to a shady "queue" and sat down. It was already piping hot outside, but we were happy to see a cast member handing out cold water to the kids.
Olaf!

At this point, my parents and I left to grab front row spots to watch the show. While my parents waited for spots, I hopped in line to meet Olaf. It was only a 10 minute wait and I was wearing a Let It Go shirt--I had to.

Here's Phoebe in Jedi mode
When the group of kids processed to the stage in their robes, the park was even hotter than before. The kids were sweating, and I was told that my nieces were already itching to take their robes off. A nearby mom remarked the same about her own daughter.

The show started, and the storyline unfolded. By the time the show ended, the girls were red with sweat and ready to cool down. (Crazy to think that the day got even hotter and more shows were taking place.)

Overall, it was fun and the girls enjoyed participating, but if you are planning on doing it in August or even July, be prepared for the humidity and high temperatures.

The Force is much stronger when the heat is at bay 😆.

I'll be adding a video of the show later, so check back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment